furnish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give something useful or necessary to
- v provide or equip with furniture
We furnished the house in the Biedermeyer style
- When Hearst Artist Frederic Remington, cabled from Cuba in 1897 that "there will be no war," William Randolph Hearst cabled back: "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish.
- A year before the Maine disaster, Hearst is supposed to have wired Artist Frederic Remington: "You furnish the pictures, I'll furnish the war.
- Canny Catherine would furnish "neither men, ships, nor money" for trade with the Alaska region.
- Ban Ki-moon in Lankaweb
He told reporters in March: "I am convinced it is well within my power as secretary- general of the United Nations to ask such a panel to furnish me with their advice of this nature."