- v make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen
This sealed door won't allow the water come into the basement
- v consent to, give permission
I cannot allow you to see your exam
- v let have
Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison
- v give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
- v make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain
The evidence allows only one conclusion
allow for mistakes
- v allow or plan for a certain possibility; concede the truth or validity of something
I allow for this possibility
- v afford possibility
This short story allows of several different interpretations
- v allow the other (baseball) team to score
- v grant as a discount or in exchange
The camera store owner allowed me $50 on my old camera
- v allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting
We don't allow dogs here
- However, Tanguy regrets the ruling "won't change anything in countries that don't allow any singles to adopt, nor force nations that don't allow homosexual couples to adopt to .
- A cooing baby in the next cubicle? It may sound like a recipe for distraction to some, but programs that allow parents to take their infants to work are growing across the country .
- The guidelines would only allow funding for stem cell lines generated from embryos that were "created for reproductive purposes, were no longer needed for this purpose, or were .
News & Articles
- Democrat says budget would allow for even greater voucher school growth than expected
MADISON, Wis. — Democratic Senate Minority Leader Chris Larson says a provision in the state budget would allow for even greater growth in the private voucher school program than expected.
June 21, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- NBA won't allow swap involving Celtics, Clippers
NBA won't allow swap involving Celtics, Clippers
June 20, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Bush Airport warns to allow an hour to get to terminals affected by gas leak
Bush Airport warns to allow an hour to get to terminals affected by gas leak Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 5:08 pm, Wednesday, June 19, 2013 An unexplained leak at Bush Intercontinental Airport has Houston fire and police officials diverting traffic away from Terminal B ...
June 19, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Daniel in Jerusalem Post
We feel already in the little over a month that these talks have been going on, the gaps have narrowed, and we believe there are opportunities to further narrow those gaps to allow the sides to take that next step to the direct talks,said Dan...
- Jeff Sessions in Los Angeles Times
Sessions said he would not support a nominee "who believes it is acceptable for a judge to allow their personal background, gender, prejudices to sway their decision in favor of, or against, parties before the court."