- v command against
I forbid you to call me late at night
- v keep from happening or arising; make impossible
My sense of tact forbids an honest answer
- But that's exactly what some hopeful soul at the Department of Defense instructed, in a memo intended to forbid Pentagon staff reading a copy of the Taguba report detailing abuse .
- The same politicians who voted last week to forbid genetic discrimination, because they apparently believe you should not gain any advantage or suffer any disadvantage as a result .
- Opposed plan in Arkansas to forbid voting rights to illegal immigrants; Described the plan as "race-baiting.
News & Articles
- EU Parliament in push to limit U.S. data access
By Claire Davenport BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union lawmakers want to forbid the United States from accessing European citizens' data without the approval of a judge or equivalent authority, a response to the revelations about the Prism spy program. Lawmakers from the European People's Party (EPP), the biggest group in the European Parliament, on Wednesday backed a proposal that would force ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Pakistan Observer
Similarly, Secretary Hillary Clinton is also being uptight of what she said after the failed incident of Times Square that, "if, heaven forbid, an attack like this that we can trace back to Pakistan were to have been successful, there would be very...
- Nouri al-Maliki in International Herald Tribune
We firmly believe that national reconciliation is the only guaranteed path toward security, stability and prosperity. The alternative, God forbid, is death and destruction and the loss of Iraq,Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said in his...
- George Washington in Opinion Journal
Two days ago on this page, Samuel Huntington quoted George Washington: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."