- Even though national regulations prohibit such brutal measures, no one except Chen was willing to confront local officials, who may have felt that lowering the number of extra .
- But it's for perhaps that last argument alone that, as the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court mulls a challenge to an old state law now being used to prohibit out-of-state .
- Massachusetts's animal cruelty laws specifically prohibit anyone from carrying an animal "in or upon a vehicle, or otherwise, in an unnecessarily cruel or inhuman manner or in a .
News & Articles
- Michigan Senate votes to block sale of Detroit art
The Michigan Senate has voted to prohibit selling the Detroit Institute of Arts' collection to help with the city's financial crisis. A bill approved 24-13 Tuesday says Michigan art institutes must adhere ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Michigan Senate votes to block sale of DIA art
Associated Press - The Michigan Senate has voted to prohibit selling the Detroit Institute of Arts' collection to help with the city's financial crisis. The bill now goes to the House, whose leader doesn't plan to hold a vote before lawmakers break for the summer.
June 12, 2013 - Crain's Detroit Business
- Downtown Commission updates rules to ban strip clubs
The city’s Downtown Commission now can prohibit adult entertainment clubs and stores. The commission this morning updated its codes and guidelines. But that doesn’t mean the man who proposed a Downtown strip club in April is giving up. The new rules also ban businesses that were unlikely candidates for Downtown anyway, including amusement parks, animal hide processing facilities, slaughterhouses ...
June 11, 2013 - The Columbus Dispatch
- Michael Mukasey in CNN
There are some circumstances where current law would appear clearly to prohibit the use of waterboarding. Other circumstances would present a far closer question,Mukasey said.
- Roger Penske in Wall Street Journal
Without that agreement, the company has determined that the risks and uncertainties related to the availability of future products prohibit the company from moving forward with this transaction,said Penske Auto.
- John Roberts in Deseret News
As Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito wrote in a concurring opinion, the theory behind laws prohibiting corporate speech "if accepted, would empower the government to prohibit newspapers from running editorials or opinion pieces...