- v lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer
We prolonged our stay
- v lengthen or extend in duration or space
prolong the treatment of the patient
- Your senses stay alert at these altitudes, and that alone must help prolong life.
- Sources close to the Palace say Tiggy is reluctant to prolong the scandal-- or upset her young charges--by going to court.
- But he says the slower approach that Yeltsin's critics advocate will only prolong the agony without providing the benefits of a market economy.
News & Articles
- All Blacks captain McCaw to return from leave with club
WELLINGTON (Reuters) - World Cup winning captain Richie McCaw will return to rugby in early-to-mid July by playing for his local club in Christchurch, though was unsure as to whether he would play Super Rugby for the Canterbury Crusaders. The 32-year-old has been on a New Zealand Rugby Union-approved sabbatical for six months in order to prolong his international career through until the All ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Best way for Obama to help Syria is with aid and diplomacy – not weapons
Giving military aid to Syria's rebels – however just their cause – will only prolong the civil war and increase the risk of sectarian conflagration in the region. A better way to help the Syrian people is to pursue diplomatic efforts to end the conflict and provide more humanitarian aid.
June 11, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- More Concussions Prolong Kids’ Recovery Time
Concussions are increasingly being diagnosed in kids — especially those participating in contact sports like football — and new research shows that having more than one concussion can prolong a child’s recovery. According to a new study published in the journal Pediatrics, kids who experienced a second concussion within a year of their first head injury suffered symptoms for almost three times ...
June 10, 2013 - Wellness
- Bennie Thompson in FOXNews
I am extremely disappointed in the court's decision,Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., said. "This waiver will only prolong the department from addressing the real issue: their lack of a comprehensive border security plan."
- Robert Zoellick in International Herald Tribune
The danger now is doing nothing too little, too late,World Bank President Robert Zoellick warned after arriving in Britain for the meeting. "Incremental changes will prolong and increase risks."
- Craig Bellamy in WalesOnline
I have no intention of retiring from international football. I know some players in my position have done,said Bellamy. "After injuries they want to give themselves a chance to prolong their club careers. I respect those decisions, but it...