- n an ecclesiastical censure by the Roman Catholic Church withdrawing certain sacraments and Christian burial from a person or all persons in a particular district
- n a court order prohibiting a party from doing a certain activity
- v destroy by firepower, such as an enemy's line of communication
- v command against
- Last week that rare and awful punishment, an interdict, brooded like a judgment over a Roman Catholic parish in Cleveland.
- The suddenness of the attack meant there was little time for campus authorities to interdict Kazmierczak.
- The problem facing foreign navies' efforts to interdict pirates, says Mwangura, is their failure to address both the anarchy that prevails in Somalia and grievances over illegal .
News & Articles
- Plan stresses cross-border cooperation
Continued cooperation with Mexico to address threats posed by the illicit trafficking of drugs, weapons and cash across the border, along with increased efforts to interdict drugs headed to the U.S., are the key elements of the Office of National Drug Control Policy's "Comprehensive Southwest Border Counternarcotics Strategy" released Tuesday. ...
July 3, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Anthony Kennedy in Christian Science Monitor
Security depends upon a sophisticated intelligence apparatus and the ability of our Armed Forces to act and to interdict,Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion. "Security subsists, too, in fidelity to freedom's first...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
We will do everything we can to both interdict it and prevent it and shut off their flow of money,Clinton said. "If we do not take significant and effective action against the North Koreans now, we'll spark an arms race in Northeast Asia....
- Trent Lott in International Herald Tribune
What the president made very clear is these are activities that are going on in Iraq that are unacceptable. They put our people at risk. He said very clearly that we will take action against those. We will interdict their operations, we will... Stephen Hadley http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hadley&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE4QL964d6IWe3mAcRY0P_Gom0Tpg Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/14/AR2007011400225.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEJKBOVsFeEjER_rp4QsBnNRGR3_w Jan 14, 2007
52821 69921 interdiction Lott said the US should try to stop the flow of munitions through Iran to Iraq but that you do that by interdiction ...... you don't do it by invasion."