- v declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of
He admitted his errors
- v allow to enter; grant entry to
We cannot admit non-members into our club building
This pipe admits air
- v allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of
admit someone to the profession
She was admitted to the New Jersey Bar
- v admit into a group or community
We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member
- v afford possibility
This problem admits of no solution
- v give access or entrance to
The French doors admit onto the yard
- v have room for; hold without crowding
The theater admits 300 people
- v serve as a means of entrance
This ticket will admit one adult to the show
- Do you admit or deny that you are the chief law enforcement officer of the United States of America? 2.
- From these findings Psychologist Ramsey drew no moral but, by comparison with studies of "an older generation," he was inclined to think that boys today get (or admit) much more .
- You admit that you are, and he smiles, eyes crinkling: "I am from the hills, up there.
News & Articles
- Executives admit that TV isn't everywhere yet
Executives admit that TV isn't everywhere yet Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 5:17 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 The promise of "TV Everywhere" has been a key strategy in the cable and satellite TV industry's fight to retain customers in the face of challenges from online ...
June 14, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Loyola Medical Center to admit undocumented students
Loyola University Medical Center is going to admit undocumented students.
June 14, 2013 - ABC 7 Chicago
- Clear Admit Releases New Financing the MBA Strategy Guide
Clear Admit's new guide provides business school applicants one source for all their tuition financing questions for a variety of MBA programs. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10823866.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Barack Obama in Hollywood Life (blog)
The President addressed partygoers, saying: "Now, of course I'll admit that the backyard's a little bigger here, but it's the same spirit. Michelle and I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate America's birthday than with America's extraordinary...
- Serena Williams in FanHouse (blog)
I want to sincerely apologize FIRST to the lineswoman, Kim Clijsters, the USTA and mostly to tennis fans everywhere for my inappropriate outburst,Williams said in a statement. "I'm a woman of great pride, faith and integrity, and I admit...
- Lee Myung-bak in The Associated Press
North Korea should clearly and frankly admit and apologize for its wrongdoing over its provocation,Lee said in a speech.