- v prevent from being included or considered or accepted
The bad results were excluded from the report
- v prevent from entering; shut out
This policy excludes people who have a criminal record from entering the country
- v lack or fail to include
The cost for the trip excludes food and beverages
- v prevent from entering; keep out
- v put out or expel from a place
The unruly student was excluded from the game
- A British proposal to exclude warships, submarines, air-and seaplanes and airships from control was passed by a small majority.
- He did, however, exclude many groups of individuals from the pardon: deserters were not eligible, nor were soldiers who had received less-than-honorable discharges.
- Tribal officials say this shows the movement to exclude the Freedmen isn't racist.
News & Articles
- FWC lifts license requirement to keep lionfish
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission adopted changes Wednesday at its meeting in Lakeland that will waive the recreational license requirement for divers catching lionfish and exclude lionfish from the commercial and recreational bag limits, allowing people to take as many of the invasive fish as they can in an effort to stop their spread on local reefs.
June 12, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- License no longer required to harvest lionfish
At its June 12 meeting in Lakeland, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission adopted changes that will waive the recreational license requirement for divers harvesting lionfish using certain gear and exclude lionfish from the commercial and recreational bag limits, allowing people to take as many of the invasive fish as they can.
June 12, 2013 - Stuart News
- Measure to Curb Sexual Assault in Military to Be Cut From Bill
Carl Levin, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said he would exclude the measure offered by Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand, a fellow Democrat.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- John McCain in Washington Post
I think it's a fundamental tenet of our party to be pro-life but that does not mean we exclude people from our party that are pro-choice,McCain said.
- Pope Benedict XVI in International Herald Tribune
We will absolutely exclude pedophiles from the sacred ministry,Benedict said, speaking in English. "It is more important to have good priests than many priests. We will do everything possible to heal this wound."
- Dieter Zetsche in International Herald Tribune
In this regard we do not exclude any option in order to find the best solution for both the Chrysler Group and DaimlerChrysler,Zetsche said.