grant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any monetary aid
- n the act of providing a subsidy
- n (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
- n Scottish painter; cousin of Lytton Strachey and member of the Bloomsbury Group (1885-1978)
- n United States actor (born in England) who was the elegant leading man in many films (1904-1986)
- n 18th President of the United States; commander of the Union armies in the American Civil War (1822-1885)
- n a contract granting the right to operate a subsidiary business
- n a right or privilege that has been granted
- v let have
- v give as judged due or on the basis of merit
Funds are granted to qualified researchers
- v be willing to concede
I grant you this much
- v allow to have
grant a privilege
- v bestow, especially officially
grant a degree
This bill grants us new rights
- v give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
- v transfer by deed
- Energy Efficiency Grants and Loans for Institutions: $1.
- Only the Governor can grant clemency or pardon; the Parole Board reviews and grants parole.
- These grants will help ensure more doctors and hospitals have the tools they need to use this critical technology.
News & Articles
- Grant Township fire
Grant Twp- Grant, Free Soil, Fountain, Hamlin and Custer Fire Departments responded to a pole barn fire at 7052 Quarterline Road Thursday around 6:45 p.m. The pole barn was a total loss and fire fighters remained on scene into the evening , according to Grant Fire Chief Ron Melchert.
June 21, 2013 - Ludington Daily News
- Grant paves way for path in Overpeck Park
Bergen County has received a grant in the sum of $500,000 from the New Jersey Department of Transportation, to pay for new walking paths in Overpeck County Park, which encompasses Ridgefield Park.
June 21, 2013 - The Record
- Grant County Art Guild
The Grant County Art Guild s Pinos Altos Art Gallery show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday in the historic Hearst Church. On Friday, the featured artist will be Barbara Kejr. She is an award-winning watercolor artist, having won awards for her work in both the Members Only Show, the Purchase Prize Show as well as regional shows.
June 20, 2013 - Silver City Sun-News
- Dana Perino in CNN
Based on information that has subsequently come to light, the president has directed the [Justice Department's] pardon attorney not to execute and deliver a grant of clemency to Mr. Toussie,White House Press Secretary Dana Perino said in a...
- Antonin Scalia in Connect Savannah.com
In his dissenting opinion against last year's ruling, Supreme Court Justice Anton Scalia pointed out that "it would be impossible for the district court to grant any relief," because of limitations to the powers of federal courts over state...
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Obama spoke against discrimination last summer, telling an audience in Ohio: "You can't use that grant money to proselytize to the people you help and you can't discriminate against them."