ply : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread; often used in combination
- n (usually in combinations) one of several layers of cloth or paper or wood as in plywood
- v give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance
- v apply oneself diligently
- v travel a route regularly
Ships ply the waters near the coast
- v join together as by twisting, weaving, or molding
- v wield vigorously
ply an axe
- v use diligently
ply your wits!
- Impressed by the material's load-bearing capacity (he calls cardboard "improved wood"), he thought of them again in 1995, after the Kobe earthquake, and used donated 34-ply tubes .
- The path ends at sleepy Dai Long Wan ("Big Wave Bay"), a short walk from Shek O where numerous restaurants ply weary hikers with cold beer and excellent seafood.
- It's no coincidence that more men are volunteering for three-hour pre-papa classes as marketers ply them with more masculine baby gear.
News & Articles
- Celebrate Father's Day with special dishes
This Sunday is Father's Day. My husband, Ed, and I have been empty-nesters for quite a number of years, so there are no young folks around on his special day to ply him with hugs, kisses, neckties, socks and cologne.
June 12, 2013 - The Shreveport Times
- Sika Sarnafil Roofing Membranes Achieve NSF Sustainability Platinum Rating
Sika Sarnafil is the first manufacturer to attain platinum certification to the NSF/ANSI 347 Sustainability Standard for single ply roofing membranes. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10818748.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- B&C Round-up: Ply Gem acquires Mitten
Consolidation continues in the building and construction market with the acquisition of Mitten Inc. by Ply Gem Industries Inc. Mitten, a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and accessories, and other exterior building products, was a portfolio company of Graham Partners which acquired the company in 2011. Mitten increased EBTDA over 65% during Graham’s hold period, according to ...
June 10, 2013 - PlasticsToday.com
- Helen Zille in International Herald Tribune
When police arrest you for knocking on a gate but don't arrest the dealers who ply drugs on children, then you have a problem,Zille said in a heated phone-in program on national radio.
- Andrew Demetriou in The Age
If he plays football this year, it would probably be a good thing for him at some level, whether it's state-based or even local,Demetriou said on Sunday. "That's his trade and that's what he needs to ply. It gives him much more chance of...