- n a flexible container with a single opening
he stuffed his laundry into a large bag
- n the quantity of game taken in a particular period (usually by one person)
his bag included two deer
- n a place that the runner must touch before scoring
he scrambled to get back to the bag
- n a container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women)
she reached into her bag and found a comb
- n the quantity that a bag will hold
he ate a large bag of popcorn
- n a portable rectangular container for carrying clothes
he carried his small bag onto the plane with him
- n an ugly or ill-tempered woman
he was romancing the old bag for her money
- n mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats)
- n an activity that you like or at which you are superior
his bag now is learning to play golf
- v capture or kill, as in hunting
bag a few pheasants
- v hang loosely, like an empty bag
- v bulge out; form a bulge outward, or be so full as to appear to bulge
- v take unlawfully
- v put into a bag
The supermarket clerk bagged the groceries
- Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the recreation room, that ubiquitous piece of 1970s furniture the beanbag chair reappears on the scene.
- The Wine Skin is not technically a gadgetunless you consider a bag a gadgetbut it is the most useful bag any plonk-mad traveler can have.
- The plastic bags you bring home from the supermarket probably end up in a landfill.
- Phil Mickelson in New York Times
After seeing Steve Williams's comments, all I could think of was how lucky I am to have a class act like Bones on my bag and representing me,Mickelson said in a statement.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in U.S. News & World Report
Eleanor Roosevelt famously said, "A woman is like a tea bag-you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."
- Hilary Benn in AFP
This is a great achievement by the seven supermarkets and their customers and it shows that by working together, we really can change our bag habits,Environment Secretary Hilary Benn said.