- n a small pouch inside a garment for carrying small articles
- n an enclosed space
the trapped miners found a pocket of air
- n a supply of money
they dipped into the taxpayers' pockets
- n (bowling) the space between the headpin and the pins behind it on the right or left
the ball hit the pocket and gave him a perfect strike
- n a hollow concave shape made by removing something
- n a local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly
- n a small isolated group of people
they were concentrated in pockets inside the city
the battle was won except for cleaning up pockets of resistance
- n (anatomy) saclike structure in any of various animals (as a marsupial or gopher or pelican)
- n an opening at the corner or on the side of a billiard table into which billiard balls are struck
- v put in one's pocket
He pocketed the change
- v take unlawfully
- The out of pocket has decrease to about 10%.
- The logic here is that very expensive plans that require little or no out of pocket spending encourage overuse of health care services.
- Because pool is a name associated with back-alleys and furtive gambling, pool champions, when they play each other, have a more elaborate designation for their gamepocket .
News & Articles
- Dan Henderson Believes Rashad Evans is “Shy” about Exchanging in the Pocket
UFC light heavyweight contender Dan Henderson believes his UFC 161 opponent Rashad Evans is “shy” about exchanging in the pocket, but is aware of the former UFC light heavyweight champion’s wrestling ability.
June 14, 2013 - MMA Weekly via Yahoo! Sports
- Pocket and Sleeping Bag Can Charge Your Phone
Forget searching for charging outlets and plug points, you can now charge your phone with body heat and a sleeping bag or pocket in your clothes Vodafone revealed this week the wearable Power Pocket charger. It works by using technology called thermocouples, pairs of thermoelectric material designed to be small and flexible enough to stitch onto clothing. A number of them are printed and then ...
June 13, 2013 - Mashable
- Ceremony celebrates opening of Manatee Pocket Gateway in Port Salerno
A ribbon-cutting Thursday marked the completion of Port Salerno's new Manatee Pocket Gateway.
June 13, 2013 - Stuart News
- Barack Obama in AFP
But Obama warned: "If we do not reform health care, your premiums and out-of-pocket costs will continue to skyrocket. If we do not act, 14,000 Americans will continue to lose their health insurance every single day. These are the consequences of...
- Joe Biden in WELI
Biden says that the Obama strategy includes raising taxes on people who make more than $250,000 annually, and "put it back in the pocket of middle-class people."
- Jerry Seinfeld in ESPN
I don't know what these young people think or how they promote their careers,Seinfeld said. "I'm older, you know, I'm 56. I look at Lady Gaga the way Keith Hernandez watches these kids when they pull the pocket out, they wear the...