jutting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of projecting out from something
- v extend out or project in space
- s extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary
the jutting limb of a tree
- And the route only gets better from here, undulating along the ridgeline of a thin peninsula jutting into the South China Sea before plunging back down the mountainside.
- Among about a dozen bouquets of flowers, handwritten notes and flickering candles stood a hand-drawn portrait of the square-jawed actor, a cigarette jutting from his lips .
- Girls say they like his strong jaw and jutting cheekbones.
News & Articles
- Thomas Hart Benton heist isn’t exactly a work of art
A thief broke into the Thomas Hart Benton Home and Studio early Wednesday and made off with an original signed sketch worth $16,000. But his planning and getaway proved lacking. Police arrested 38-year-old Antonio Carrillo on a bicycle as he tried to pedal away from the scene with two picture frames jutting from his unzipped backpack. He was charged with second-degree burglary.
June 13, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club a grand experiment
They're calling this a "boutique," U.S. Open, and its venue golf's Fenway Park.Merion, it says here, is golf's Fallingwater.You know Fallingwater, the iconic masterpiece of Frank Lloyd Wright, who remains America's architect laureate 54 years after his death.Jutting out of the woods in Western Penns...
June 9, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Bluff Point Trail Run
Bluff Point State Park is the last remaining significant piece of undeveloped land along the Connecticut coastline. Jutting out into waters of Long Island Sound this wooded peninsula, measuring one and one-half miles long by one mile wide, encompasses over 800 acres.
June 7, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Tanith Belbin in New York Times
Ugh, I was so thin,Belbin said in a recent interview at Ice Works, the rink where she trains with her partner, Ben Agosto. "You could see my bones jutting out; you could totally see my chest bone sticking out."
- Ken Auletta in Forbes
The New Yorker's Ken Auletta described their altercation this way: "To the petite Snider, [Weinstein] was a fearsome sight--his eyes dark and glowering, his fleshy face unshaved, his belly jutting forward half a foot or so ahead of his body. He...
- Dell Curry in Toronto Star
I think (Stephen's jump shot) is very similar to mine,said Dell. "Seth, he's got the elbow out a little bit, but that was not one of my big pet peeves, the (jutting-out) elbow. The end result is what matters. It goes in when he lets it go....