- n an area that is approximately central within some larger region
it is in the center of town
- n the piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher
he hit the ball to deep center
- n a building dedicated to a particular activity
they were raising money to build a new center for research
- n a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
- n the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
- n the object upon which interest and attention focuses
his stories made him the center of the party
- n a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process
in most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere
- n the middle of a military or naval formation
they had to reinforce the center
- n (basketball) the person who plays center on a basketball team
- n (football) the person who plays center on the line of scrimmage and snaps the ball to the quarterback
the center fumbled the handoff
- n a place where some particular activity is concentrated
they received messages from several centers
- n politically moderate persons; centrists
- n (ice hockey) the person who plays center on a hockey team
- n the sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering
- n mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace
- n the position on a hockey team of the player who participates in the face off at the beginning of the game
- n (American football) the position of the player on the line of scrimmage who puts the ball in play
it is a center's responsibility to get the football to the quarterback
- n a position on a basketball team of the player who participates in the jump that starts the game
- v center upon
Her entire attention centered on her children
- v direct one's attention on something
- v move into the center
That vase in the picture is not centered
- s equally distant from the extremes
- a of or belonging to neither the right nor the left politically or intellectually
- But the center will offer programs based on Spirituality for Kids, Kabbalah's children's program.
- An Indian employee at a call center provides service support to international customers in the southern city of Bangalore.
- Like Detroit's fabulously successful Northland center (first-year gross: $88 million), a number of the new projects are decked with sculpture and mosaics.
News & Articles
- Center Point's Kitchens named All Hill Country co-MVP
Center Point’s Kolby Kitchens didn’t just spark a rally to win one game; his emergence as the Pirates’ leader on the mound led his team on run deep into the 1A playoffs.
June 12, 2013 - Kerrville Daily Times
- Center Stage Cuts Teams Up with Big Brothers Big Sisters for Mentor Drive & Entertainment Saturday, June 22nd in ...
Center Stage Cuts teams up with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Union and Hudson Counties for Mentor Drive & Live Entertainment Downtown Newark on Saturday, June 22. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10819605.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Center Stage to offer summer dance camps
Center Stage Dance and Theater School, with locations in East Brunswick, Marlboro and Ocean Township, will begin its summer program classes in the next few weeks. read more
June 11, 2013 - News Transcript
- Paul Goydos in Gazette Online (blog)
But he rolled the downhill putt perfectly, saying "the ball couldn't have gone more in the center of the hole with a laser on it."
- Arsene Wenger in USA Today
Koscielny is a central defender with great ability who performed extremely well last season for Lorient,Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said. "We identified him as a very strong center half, who has made big progress very quickly. He has...
- Lindsey Graham in BusinessWeek
She'll have to convince me that all of this liberalism that she's lived with all her life can be put in a proper place and when she gets to be a judge she'll be left of center but within the mainstream of judging,Sen. Lindsey Graham, RS.C.,...