- n the concentration of attention or energy on something
the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology
- n maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system
out of focus
- n maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea
the controversy brought clearly into focus an important difference of opinion
- n a central point or locus of an infection in an organism
the focus of infection
- n special emphasis attached to something
- n a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
- n a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
- v direct one's attention on something
Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies
- v cause to converge on or toward a central point
- v bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
- v become focussed or come into focus
The light focused
- v put (an image) into focus; we cannot enjoy the movie"
Please focus the image
- While he found such diversity "seductive," he says he never felt truly effective as a consultant; he needed a focus.
- Because medical practitioners focus more on their patients than any notoriety, historical figures in medicine are often rendered obscure.
- More and more, it seems as though the focus on the MMR vaccine has been a colossal distraction in autism research--and in parental concern.
- Daniel in AFP
Certainly a major focus of the discussion will be around the progress that's been made so far in the proximity talks and the opportunity to make the transition into direct talks,said White House adviser Dan Shapiro. "We feel that already...
- Terrell Owens in FOXNews
With everything that has happened, obviously with the way Tony played and the comparison between her and Carrie Underwood, I think a lot of people feel she has taken his focus away,Owens said, echoing the chatter on sports-talk radio and...
- Tony Hayward in Wall Street Journal
These allegations will neither distract the company's focus on stopping the leak nor alter our commitment to restore the Gulf coast,BP CEO Tony Hayward said.