- n the concentration of attention or energy on something
- n the act of bringing into focus
- v direct one's attention on something
- v cause to converge on or toward a central point
- v bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
- v become focussed or come into focus
- v put (an image) into focus; we cannot enjoy the movie"
- Unlike in previous studies focusing on Buddhist monks, the subjects were Boston-area workers practicing a Western-style of meditation called mindfulness or insight meditation.
- The unfortunate side effects of this condition are madness and death, avoidable only by focusing on a "constant": a person or thing present in each time one's consciousness visits.
- My own feeling is that instead of focusing on these special visits, we should focus on the services that we think are most important.
News & Articles
- Why Government Spending Does Nothing for Jobs
While most economists and policy makers are focusing on the International Monetary Fund’s epiphany on the perils of austerity, some researchers at the IMF have offered another take on the fiscal-policy debate. They found that less is more, even when it comes to the size and scope of government.
June 20, 2013 - Bloomberg
- IRS Inquiry Focus Turns Away From Origins Toward Delays
Congressional investigators are focusing less on the origins of the Internal Revenue Service’s scrutiny of Tea Party groups and more on how flagging one application led to delays for hundreds of groups.
June 20, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Carbon Sciences Focusing on Oklahoma for Its First GTL Plant
Carbon Sciences Inc. , provider of a complete solution for transforming abundant and affordable natural gas into clean burning gasoline and other transportation fuels, today announced that it is focusing ...
June 18, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Robert Gates in Washington Post
The concern I have is that the longer the internal problems continue, the more distracted the Pakistani army and security services will be in terms of the internal situation rather than focusing on the terrorist threat in the frontier area,...
- Barack Obama in Newsday
Our main goal is to get this resolved so we can focus on winning Michigan and Florida,Obama said while campaigning in South Dakota. "There were compromises. ...... I'm glad the DNC worked it through and I hope we can start focusing on...
- Benjamin Netanyahu in Financial Express Bangladesh
Instead, we are going to continue to focus our attention on a league-wide program ensuring that all teams have appropriate policies, clearly communicated to their employees, focusing on respect in the workplace including the prohibition of sexual... David Stern http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stern&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGIAMcpNLVMdBMZyP1MwrbIQwXPUw USA Today http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/knicks/2007-12-11-thomas-no-punishment_N.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFGQC7HVd19J4Tfa9stK2JlQZBvfw Dec 11, 2007
38613 49915 focussed Prior to the visit, Netanyahu said: I believe that a main part of my conversations with President Obama in Washington next week will be focussed on how to start direct peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians right away".