- n a low-lying region in central France
- n an area that is approximately central within some larger region
- n a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
- n a place where some particular activity is concentrated
- n the sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering
- n the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
- n the object upon which interest and attention focuses
- n a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process
- n a building dedicated to a particular activity
- v move into the center
- v direct one's attention on something
News & Articles
- Rugby-Lions centre Roberts 'grave doubt' for first test
By Nick Mulvenney SYDNEY, June 17 (Reuters) - British and Irish Lions centre Jamie Roberts is a 'grave doubt' for Staurday's first test against Australia because of a hamstring strain, team doctor James Robson said on Monday. There was better news about the hamstring injury to Welsh winger George North, who was a "great chance" to play, Robson said, while England centre Manu Tuilagi was ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Centre College research on energy drinks creates buzz
KatieAnn Skogsberg, an assistant professor of behavioral neuroscience at Centre College is leadingresearchon the effects of energy drinks on reaction time.
June 15, 2013 - The Danville Advocate-Messenger
- Centre Co. woman accused of using teen's urine sample to pass drug test
Charges have been filed against a Centre County woman accused of using a teenager's urine sample to pass a drug test. The Centre Daily Times reported on Friday that 38-year-old Robyn Merritt, of Philipsburg, is accused of providing the false sample to a Children and Youth Services worker. The alleged incident happened in August 2012. In addition to tampering with evidence, Merritt is charged ...
June 14, 2013 - WJAC 6 Johnstown
- Arsene Wenger in The Canadian Press
Koscielny is a central defender with great ability who performed extremely well last season for Lorient,Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said. "We identified him as a very strong centre half, who has made big progress very quickly. He has...
- Julia Gillard in BBC News
The purpose would be to ensure that people smugglers have no product to sell. Arriving by boat would just be a ticket back to the regional processing centre,she told the Lowy Institute think tank in Sydney.
- Rafael Nadal in Seattle Times
For me it was a very special moment to come back to this, probably the nicest Centre Court in the world,Nadal said. "I'm enjoying a lot to be back in my favorite tournament."