- n ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt)
- n heavy pin having a head at one end and the other end being hammered flat after being passed through holes in the pieces that are fastened together
- v direct one's attention on something
- v fasten with a rivet or rivets
- v hold (someone's attention)
The discovery of the skull riveted the paleontologists
- Charles is so fond of vintage cars that he spends months, even years, painstakingly restoring the cars, rivet by rivet to roadworthy condition.
- Danny's attention was riveted on the race track, specifically on the horse he had bet on.
- They discovered later that Mike had flown so hard that 300 rivets from his plane had popped out during his flight.