- n a man who is virile and sexually active
- n ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt)
- n an upright in house framing
- n adult male horse kept for breeding
- n poker in which each player receives hole cards and the remainder are dealt face up; bets are placed after each card is dealt
- v scatter or intersperse like dots or studs
- v provide with or construct with studs
stud the wall
- To help warm up the bidding and the bidders, Alexander ("Sasha") Ponomarev, Tersk stud manager, seized the gavel and ordered generous rounds of vodka.
- At 54, Willis is the one star from the Bronzed Age of '80s action movies who still can persuasively embody a haunted, implacable stud.
- Photo editors at the major magazines wanted to meet the new hotshot, dressed in his black jeans and T shirts, with the tribal bracelets and diamond-stud earring, with the war-weary .
News & Articles
- Ticker: Could Adrian Peterson exit like Barry Sanders?
Stud running back Adrian Peterson says he'd like to stay around long enough to break Emmitt Smith's NFL career rushing record of 18,355 yards, a record that should be Barry Sanders'.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Raekwon McMIllan: Scouting Report and PPC for Nation's No.1 LB
The 2014 Class has some hard-hitting players, but Raekwon McMillan may top the list. The 5-Star linebacker is a stud on the field and creates havoc for offensive linemen. McMillan is the No. 1 ILB in the 2014 class, according to 247Sports.com . The 6'2", 242-pound beast is currently uncommitted, but has offers from several top schools, including Ohio State, Alabama, USC and more. Watch the ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Dr. William Lockridge, co-founder of Ashford Stud, dies at 81
Dr. William Lockridge, influential breeder and co-founder of Ashford Stud in Versailles, Ky., died June 8 at the age of 81. A veterinarian by trade, Lockridge graduated from Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine at age 21 and practiced in the Southwest for 12 years.
June 9, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Pete Sampras in Bloomberg
He's a legend and now he's an icon,Sampras, who sat in the Royal Box alongside other former champions, told the British Broadcasting Corp. in a courtside interview. "He's a stud. He's only 27. If he keeps it going and stays healthy, he...
- Rod Thorn in The Associated Press
He is a work in progress on the offensive end of the court,Thorn said of Favors. "He needs seasoning and needs to work there. He should get stronger. He should be 6-10 and 260 at the end of the day, and he is going to be a real stud...
- Natalie Coughlin in Washington Post
She's a stud for doing the 200 free-200 IM double,said Natalie Coughlin, the runner-up in the 200 IM. "That's an incredibly tough double. I don't know another female swimmer that could do it so successfully."