- n the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists
DNA is the substance of our genes
- n the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
- n the idea that is intended
- n material of a particular kind or constitution
the immune response recognizes invading substances
- n considerable capital (wealth or income)
- n what a communication that is about something is about
- n a particular kind or species of matter with uniform properties
shigella is one of the most toxic substances known to man
- Obama has shifted the focus of the presidency from showbiz to substance at least for now.
- Each X signifies that the active substance has undergone a ten-to-one dilution, each C a hundred-to-one dilution.
- Because when you argue the substance, what you see is a failed strategy, a worsening situation in Afghanistan, enormous expenditures in blood and tragedy and a diminished .
News & Articles
- Substance found at PBIA baggage claim not hazardous
A suspicious substance found this evening in the baggage claim at Palm Beach International Airport was not hazardous, a spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue said.
June 11, 2013 - The Palm Beach Post
- Substance found at PBIA harmless
Hazmat crews determine that a suspicious substance found Monday evening at the Palm Beach International Airport was harmless, according to Capt. Albert Borroto, spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
June 11, 2013 - WPTV West Palm Beach
- Preventing Substance Use Disorders in People With Mental Illness
A researcher at Harvard Medical School is studying which substance use disorders are more common among people with different types of mental illness, and when they tend to develop.
June 11, 2013 - Join Together Online
- Barack Obama in AFP
Senator McCain and his operatives are gambling that he can distract you with smears rather than talk to you about substance,Obama told a giant crowd here, said by police to number at least 28,000 people.
- Marion Jones in FOXNews
I consumed this substance several times before the Sydney Olympics and continued using it after,Jones told the judge. "By November 2003, I realized he was giving me performance-enhancing drugs."
- Albert Hofmann in 940 News
The substance which I wanted to experiment with took over me. I was filled with an overwhelming fear that I would go crazy. I was transported to a different world, a different time,Hofmann wrote.