nub : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small lump or protuberance
- n a small piece
a nub of coal
- n the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
the nub of the story
- At the nub of debates over Muslim integration in the West lies the question, What's decent to do in public--display your sexuality or your faith?.
- But that's not the nub of it either.
- At the nub of debates over Muslim integration in Europe lies the question: what's decent to do in public? Display your sexuality, or your faith?.
News & Articles
- Bird bits: Pacific wren - a loud-mouthed, stubby, brown bird
In actuality, the Pacific wren is a tiny, deliciously vocal lollipop, a 0.3-ounce glob of exquisitely subtle feathers, measuring three to four inches in length with five- to six-inch wingspan. Its nub of a tail is often cocked upright.
June 28, 2013 - Juneau Empire
- Bill Keller in International Herald Tribune
When you watched her work - relentless on the phone, gnawing her fingernails to the nub, a perfectionist on the keyboard - you'd think: a workhorse, not a showhorse,said Bill Keller, executive editor of The New York Times. "Then you'd read...
- Noel Sharkey in Telegraph.co.uk
This president is further and further removed from the economic realities of this nation. To veto this bill at a time when housing is at the nub of our economic crisis, at a time when housing prices are declining, at a time when foreclosures are... Charles Schumer http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Schumer&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG7tUu9R7CCKc2QBQlM4eaS3VK9og International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/06/21/america/Housing-Crunch-Time.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGg1DvRPl1ZNOR1aPbv9euvTsQwcw Jun 21, 2008
68559 91473 nub I do think there should be some international discussion and arms control on these weapons but there's absolutely none," said Prof Sharkey. "The military have a strange view of artificial intelligence based on science fiction. The nub of it...