- n the flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food
- n the inner and usually edible part of a seed or grain or nut or fruit stone
- n the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
- A quarter-pound of meat stimulates almost twice as much gastric juices as does a quarter-pound of bread or other carbohydrates, and is correspondingly better for normal digestion.
- COVER STORY Veggie Tales Can we really help ourselves, and our planet, by shunning meat and embracing our roots and vegetables? Veganism and its Discontents.
- Lew Robertson Brand X Corbis The analysis of more than half a million Americans between the ages of 50 and 71 found that men in the highest quintile of red-meat consumption .
News & Articles
- Dinners: Meat Market, Casa D’Angelo, The Fed, db Bistro
Meat Market, 915 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach, celebrates the late winemaker Robert Mondavi’s 100th birthday with a four-course wine dinner at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $95 plus tax and tip; 305-532-0088.
June 19, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Red Meat Linked to Increased Diabetes Risk
Title: Red Meat Linked to Increased Diabetes Risk Category: Health News Created: 6/17/2013 4:36:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 6/18/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 19, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- Meat seller brings low-cost sales model to Vancouver
In 2001, a Utah grocery store meat buyer discovered patrons were willing to buy 40-pound boxes of meat and package it themselves in exchange for a better price.
June 19, 2013 - The Columbian
- Bruce Friedrich in Courrier Sud
It makes perfect sense if you are looking for ways to cut down on meat consumption and recoup environmental losses,said Bruce Friedrich, a spokesman in Washington for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Charlton Heston in Hindu
Heston told her his family grew up poor in the country and "had to go out and kill a deer if we wanted meat," Jones said.
- Wesley Snipes in International Herald Tribune
Snipes said his wealth and celebrity attracted "wolves and jackals like flies are attracted to meat."