- n the message that is intended or expressed or signified
what is the meaning of this sentence
- n the idea that is intended
What is the meaning of this proverb?
- v mean or intend to express or convey
- v have as a logical consequence
- v denote or connote
- v have in mind as a purpose
- v have a specified degree of importance
- v intend to refer to
- v destine or designate for a certain purpose
- s rich in significance or implication
a meaning look
- Most people even reasonable people read meaning into their dreams.
- The avatar of fascism posed the century's greatest threat to democracy and redefined the meaning of evil forever.
- Allegro's method is to delve behind the surface meaning and context of biblical words, conjuring instead with their frequently erotic root meaning ("Christian," he says, is a .
News & Articles
- Trending: Where we vacation
School’s almost out, meaning vacation season is just around the corner. As southwestern Connecticut families plan their upcoming vacations, it’s likely a few locales will nab the title of the most popular spot for area residents.
June 13, 2013 - The Norwalk Citizen
- Letter: My Meaning Was Misinterpreted
Margaret Richardson, in her May 28 letter (“How Fortunate to Be ‘Suitable,’”) appears to have taken my use of the word “unsuitable” as having a racist or otherwise prejudicial meaning. In fairness to her, I might have been better advised to use the word “ineligible” to make my point.
June 12, 2013 - Valley News
- NFL Commissioner Writes Letter To Native American Leaders, Says Redskins Name Represents "Positive Meaning"
WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- In a letter to Native American leaders, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell explained his take on the Washington Redskins name and why "from its origin" it has "represented a positive meaning".
June 12, 2013 - WUSA 9 Washington, D.C.
- Barack Obama in Media General Washington Bureau
This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed,Obama said, when "a man whose father less than 60 years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath."
- Martin Luther King in Coshocton Tribune
On Aug. 28, 1963, King delivered his famous speech at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC His dream was that one day the nation would "rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are...
- Roger Goodell in Forbes
It's times like this that all of us struggle to find meaning in life,NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told mourners.