midpoint : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
- At its midpoint, a Washington-Boston tunnel would be five miles below the surface of the eartha technically difficult and prohibitively costly bit of construction.
- One key difference: for the experimental group, researchers ramped up the temperature 7 Fahrenheit (4 Celsius), the rough midpoint of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate .
- By the midpoint of Musharraf's nine-year rule, a combination of sound economic policies and foreign aid had resulted in rapid growth for Pakistan.
News & Articles
- Travelers Championship leaderboard 2013: Bubba Watson remains in 1st place
The third round of the Travelers Championship is nearing the midpoint, but the leaderboard remains crowded with more than a dozen golfers in contention. Bubba Watson still leads the field at 10-under par, although that lead is starting to shrink. Ryan Moore has made the biggest surge of the day, shooting 5-under after 12 holes to move up to a tie for third place. Moore is one of a large group ...
June 22, 2013 - SB Nation
- Stanley Cup Final 2013 Schedule: Viewing Guide to Bruins vs. Blackhawks Game 5
We're only a game past the midpoint of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final , but the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks have already embarked on a series that will go down in history. Four games. Three overtime contests. Five overtime periods. Those are the lofty expectations Chicago and Boston have to live up to over the remainder of this series, which essentially boils down to a best-of-three clash ...
June 22, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Enthusiasts mark 100th birthday of Lincoln Highway
Two processions of cars are setting out this weekend from New York and San Francisco to the midpoint of Kearney, Neb., to celebrate one of the nation's first transcontinental highways.
June 22, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- Barack Obama in msnbc.com
We are in the midpoint of implementing the strategy that we came up with last year,Obama said.
- Ron Moore in Zap2it.com
I think it was somewhere around the midpoint of [last] season, when we were working on the story where we'd gotten to the algae planet and discovered the templedevoted to the final five Cylons, executive producer Ron Moore told reporters Friday.
- Martin Feldstein in The Miami Herald
There are now 12 million homes in the United States with a loan-to-value ratio greater than 100 percent. That's one mortgage in four. The aggregate amount of that is some $2 trillion,said Feldstein. "If you look at the median (midpoint)...