- a of or relating to a temperature scale on which the freezing point of water is 0 degrees and the boiling point of water is 100 degrees
- He had left $4,200 for a steel capsule and for liquid nitrogen to keep his body frozen at about 200 below zero centigrade.
- As temperatures went down to minus 7 degrees centigrade, farmers started spraying water on the trees, hoping to create an ice shield around the blossoms to protect them from the .
- The latest model of Lohmann's furnace can create a heat of 4,000 degrees centigrade.
News & Articles
- Blasting heat forecast for U.S. Western states
(Reuters) - Residents of western U.S. states awoke on Monday to more scorching heat that was expected to break record highs and grip the region through the early part of the holiday week, meteorologists said. Temperatures were likely to hit well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Centigrade) in Fresno, California, Phoenix and to the north in Boise, Idaho, and Spokane, Washington, according ...
July 1, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Bernie Ecclestone in Yahoo! Eurosport
Speaking in The Times, Ecclestone said: "I don't think that the Formula One fans would like a championship to be won because the temperature of the fuel, which can't be measured anyway, is possibly 5C (degrees centigrade) out. If anybody thinks...
- Gordon Brown in Reuters UK
Our vision has one overriding aim: holding the rise in global average temperature to no more than 2 degrees centigrade. This requires global greenhouse gas emissions to peak within the next 10 to 15 years and be cut at least by half by 2050,...
- Ahmed Djoghlaf in Reuters
For each degree centigrade of warmer temperature, it is predicted that 10 percent of all known species will disappear,Djoghlaf told Reuters.