mall : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a public area set aside as a pedestrian walk
- n mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace
they spent their weekends at the local malls
- A QUIET PLACE: On a recent Saturday, a man reads under a fake tree at Golden Resources Mall in Beijing Beijing's golden resources mall ought to be a shopper's paradise.
- At the Mall of America, the number of international visitors has jumped 10% this year, according to Doug Killian, associate director of tourism at the mall.
- As alderman, Soglin supported a proposal to turn the city's State Street into a pedestrian mall.
News & Articles
- Merced Mall kicks off summer music series
The Merced Mall's Summer Music Series could introduce listeners to something new, according to its organizer. "I like bringing things (that) maybe unfamiliar to an audience," mall marketing director William Taylor said. All of the concerts at the mall, 851 W. Olive Ave., are free of charge.
June 14, 2013 - Merced Sun-Star
- Spring Hill Mall set to hold farmer’s market
Spring Hill Mall will be having a sidewalk sale of sorts on Fridays throughout the summer season. But instead of apparel and household goods, during the mall’s first outdoor Farmer’s Market items for sale will include fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, baked goods, gourmet olive oil and vinegar, Italian specialties, jams, farm fresh meats and poultry and more. Mall officials are excited about ...
June 13, 2013 - The Courier News
- DuBois Mall Arby's is back in business
Arby's at the DuBois Mall is open and - almost - back to normal. Restaurant Manager Beth Giese said Wednesday that normal business hours resumed Saturday. Those hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays.
June 13, 2013 - Courier-Express
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Obama called it the "meaning of our liberty and our creed" that those days are no more: "Why men and women and children of every race and every faith can join in celebration across this magnificent Mall, and why a man whose father less than...
- Luke McAlister in Stuff.co.nz
I love it, walking down the street or to the mall and not being bothered,said McAlister. "It's a bit weird at first but you get used to it. It's really good. It's why I think a lot of players come over here and actually realise there's...
- Kevin James in International Herald Tribune
I hope they respect mall cops, is what I hope, really,James said while promoting the movie. "You know, what I've experienced and I see is that they just get abused, these mall police officers. I can't even call them police officers because...