centerfield : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher
- n the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is expected to field balls in the central third of the outfield
- It goes to right centerfield, that's where.
- He was the only American League standout in a contest that saw Willie Mays cover centerfield like a vacuum cleaner, Maury Wills steal everything except the Scoreboard, the National .
- So the stuff that appears on centerfield scoreboards during ballgames, a very high percentage of it tends to be totally useless.
News & Articles
- Braves vs. Mets Video: Watch Ugly Collision Between Upton Brothers
The Upton brothers got a little too close for comfort on Tuesday night. B.J. Upton and Justin Upton collided in left-centerfield on Tuesday night as the Atlanta Braves took on the New York Mets . You can clearly see B.J. waving off his younger brother, but Justin didn't hear him and the two collided right as B.J. makes the catch and hangs on. The two were obviously just fine, as B.J. shoves his ...
June 19, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Fresh off sweep, Ironmen face Kings after Yard game called off
BISBEE — The Bisbee Ironmen swept the Centerfield Nationals in the last two games of a four-game set against on Saturday, and were hoping to carry that momentum into a big game Tuesday in Tucson against The Big Yard. Bisbee had yet to play The Big Yard this season, but unfortunately, that game was canceled and the Ironmen picked up another single game tonight at Warren Ballpark against the ...
June 18, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- Garage fire breaks out in Oldham County
Emergency crews are on the scene of a garage fire in the Centerfield area north of Buckner.
June 18, 2013 - WLKY Louisville
- Mike Cameron in TSN
It's a good sign to hit a ball to centerfield with some authority,Cameron said. "Turns out it was as big as it could possibly get throughout this game. You never know the outcome of the game early on, but it turns out it was pretty big."
- Alfonso Soriano in Detroit Free Press
He told me it is better for me to move to leftfield just to recover my leg,Soriano said. "After that I don't know if he wants to leave me in leftfield or move me back to centerfield."
- John Fogerty in PR Newswire (press release)
Over the past 25 years 'Centerfield' has come to mean so much to so many -- more then I could've ever imagined,said Fogerty. "I've been told by fans all over the world that it's always a major part of their baseball memories from hearing...