- n (geology) the mechanical process of wearing or grinding something down (as by particles washing over it)
- n the act of having on your person as a covering or adornment
- v be dressed in
She was wearing yellow that day
- v have on one's person
- v have in one's aspect; wear an expression of one's attitude or personality
- v deteriorate through use or stress
- v have or show an appearance of
- v last and be usable
- v go to pieces
- v exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- v put clothing on one's body
- s producing exhaustion
the visit was especially wearing
- The fact that Richardson was not wearing a helmet may or may not have made a difference in the gravity of her injury.
- Those wearing the tees are either unaware of or unconcerned by the meaning of the English messages they bear.
- A woman journalist convicted of public indecency for wearing trousers outdoors and facing a month in jail says she was freed from prison after her fine was paid without her .
News & Articles
- Guy wearing Sharon Stone T-shirt gets a photo with Sharon Stone
Sharon Stone's interrogation scene in the 1992 film "Basic Instinct" is memorable partly because of what she wasn't wearing. A fan drew the attention of the actress on the street for precisely what he was wearing.In a photo posted on Reddit on Monday, user BenjaminNet wrote, "One of my friends was walking in Tel Aviv with his Basic Instinct t-shirt when ..."And there posing on the street is the ...
June 18, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Robbers Wearing Hazmat Suits Hold Up Texas Jewelry Store
Authorities were looking Tuesday for five robbers who were wearing hazmat suits when they held up a jewelry store in an upscale Texas mall.
June 18, 2013 - KWTX-TV Waco
- Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
Police in The Woodlands are looking for the group that robbed a jewelry store while wearing some interesting disguises
June 18, 2013 - ABC 13 Houston
- Venus Williams in JOE
It's really about the illusion,Venus told grossed-out reporters. "Like you can wear lace, but what's the point of wearing lace when there's just black under?"
- Chris Eyre in Philadelphia Inquirer
I think as long as the werewolves aren't wearing loincloths, it is a good step forward,Eyre said from Los Angeles, where he is finishing an episode of the NBC show Friday Night Lights.
- Barry Bonds in USA Today
It's an embarrassment for me to be wearing this (expletive deleted) uniform 'cause of the way I'm playing. There, that's it. Now go away,Bonds said at his locker.