dressing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n savory dressings for salads; basically of two kinds: either the thin French or vinaigrette type or the creamy mayonnaise type
- n a mixture of seasoned ingredients used to stuff meats and vegetables
- n making fertile as by applying fertilizer or manure
- n a cloth covering for a wound or sore
- n processes in the conversion of rough hides into leather
- n the activity of getting dressed; putting on clothes
- n the act of applying a bandage
- v put on clothes
- v provide with clothes or put clothes on
- v put a finish on
- v dress in a certain manner
- v dress or groom with elaborate care
- v kill and prepare for market or consumption
- v arrange in ranks
- v decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
- v provide with decoration
- v put a dressing on
- v cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
- v cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width
- v convert into leather
- v apply a bandage or medication to
- v give a neat appearance to
- v arrange attractively
- If your dressing measures up, I assure you he will bottle it.
- Sites like Smiley Central, which offers a seemingly endless assortment of cutesy creatures for dressing up e-mail, instant messages and blog posts, require you to download a .
- She never got to Panov's dressing room.
News & Articles
- Unilever Mobile Effort Garners 87% Purchase Intent Lift
Unilever's mobile display ads for its Wish-Bone Italian salad dressing drew an 87 percent purchase intent lift for a spring campaign that recently wrapped, according to the company, which cited a total of 757 consumers surveyed by comScore. Wish-Bone's marketing team had first dibs on testing Solve Media's newly expanded "type-in" mobile ad network, which, starting today for all advertisers ...
June 24, 2013 - AdWeek
- Tad Friend: On “Letterman,” a backup singer takes center stage.
Darlene Love, a tiny dynamo with golden ringlets, peered at a black-and-white photograph on the wall of her dressing room at the Ed Sullivan Theatre, where “Late Show with David Letterman” tapes. She tapped a dim figure and said, “That’s Claudia.” Only . . .
June 24, 2013 - The New Yorker
- Recipe for sweet and spicy wings with ranch dressing
Serves 4 as dinner or 8 as an appetizer with leftovers DRESSING
June 22, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Diego Maradona in Independent Online
To see Messi cry in the dressing room, whoever says that he doesn't feel pride for his shirt is stupid,Maradona said.
- Kevin Pietersen in Mirror.co.uk
Pietersen said: "As an England cricketer the Ashes are the pinnacle of the game so I'm absolutely devastated to be missing the rest of this series. To leave a winning dressing room at this time is heartbreaking but it wouldn't be fair to the team or...
- Nigel de Jong in SkySports
That was the hardest game I have ever been involved in,he added. "I am more tired than all the other guys in the dressing room put together. I was so nervous. I was missing the semi-final of the World Cup because I had picked up two yellow...