garment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an article of clothing
garments of the finest silk
- v provide with clothes or put clothes on
- It can again with the Hug Shirt, a high-tech garment that simulates the experience of being embraced by a loved one.
- Many of the garment manufacturers are bitterly opposed to the restrictions set up by the Garment Manufacturers' Assoc.
- The great garment wheeze blows over Micronesia.
News & Articles
- Cambodian garment workers charged over strike violence
PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Sixteen Cambodian garment workers and union representatives have been charged with inciting violence and damaging property during a strike for higher pay at a factory making clothes for U.S. sportswear company Nike, a lawyer said on Tuesday. Low-cost labor has attracted Western brands to Cambodia and garments now account for around 75 percent of exports from the Southeast ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- News Summary: Bangladeshi garment workers struggle
RAGS, NOT RICHES: Wages for Bangladeshi garment workers are so low they can find themselves struggling to eat, let alone save. CHANGING ROOM: The government agreed last month to set up a committee to look ...
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Mass hysteria outbreaks hit Bangladesh's garment workers
Hundreds of garment workers fell ill on Sunday after drinking water of questionable quality at their workplace in Gazipur at the outskirts of Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka.
June 17, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Martin Luther King in Los Angeles Times
As the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. said: "We are tied in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."
- Jean Paul Gaultier in cbs4denver.com
It was all about structure, about bringing the bones, the very foundation of what makes a garment, to the surface,Gaultier told reporters in a post-show interview.
- Hilda Solis in News & Observer
In my district,Solis said in one of her first speeches on the House floor, "we have many constituents who work in a hard and unsafe manner, many of them working in sweatshops. Many of them work for big garment factories. They work 10 and...