- n the capacity to attract and hold something
- n strip sewn over or along an edge for reinforcement or decoration
- n the act of applying a bandage
- n one of a pair of mechanical devices that are attached to a ski and that will grip a ski boot; the bindings should release in case of a fall
- n the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book
the book had a leather binding
- v stick to firmly
- v create social or emotional ties
- v make fast; tie or secure, with or as if with a rope
- v wrap around with something so as to cover or enclose
- v secure with or as if with ropes
- v bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted
- v provide with a binding
- v fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
- v form a chemical bond with
- v cause to be constipated
- s executed with proper legal authority
a binding contract
- An alpha-2,3 binding specificity means the virus is well suited to the cells in an animal respiratory tract but probably not human cells.
- Antiandrogen drugs, like bicalutamide, work by binding to the androgen receptors on prostate-cancer cells, chemically preventing the hormones from interacting with the tumor.
- Philip Hollis for PTI "I got back to the lab, and as soon as we saw a sequence of the hemagglutinin, we looked at the receptor binding site and found indications of an alpha-2,6 .
News & Articles
- Torch Enters Binding Agreement to Acquire Walker Mine, Launches New Corporate Website, Adds New Executives and ...
Torch River Resources Ltd. with reference to the press release dated May 21, 2013 is pleased to announce that agreement to acquire the past producing Walker lump graphite mine is now binding, but remains ...
June 13, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Vydrotech, Inc. Is Finalizing A Binding Term Sheet With An International Distribution Company
HOUSTON, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vydrotech, Inc. (OTC: VYDR: PK), formerly Ronn Motor Company, is finalizing a binding term sheet with a Global Distribution Company, located in North America to distribute ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- MALAYSIA PRESS-Affin, AMMB to submit binding bids for Hwang-DBS this week-The Edge
Final binding bids by Affin Holdings Bhd and AMMB Holdings Bhd for financial services businesses of Hwang-DBS Malaysia Bhd are expected to be submitted this week, said executives familiar with the matter. ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Samuel Alito in PR Web (press release)
As Justice Samuel Alito wrote for the Court, "The right to bear arms is fully binding on the states and thus limits (but by no means eliminates) their ability to devise solutions to social problems that suit local needs and values."
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
This provocation underscores the need for action -- not just this afternoon at the UN Security Council, but in our determination to prevent the spread of these weapons. Rules must be binding. Violations must be punished,Obama said in a speech...