garnish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something (such as parsley) added to a dish for flavor or decoration
- n any decoration added as a trimming or adornment
- v take a debtor's wages on legal orders, such as for child support
His employer garnished his wages in order to pay his debt
- v decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
- In a few hours those strands will garnish a medallion of tilefish wrapped around fresh soba noodles and simmered in a broth perfumed with green tea.
- Next comes a dash of spicy mint chutney and a splash of red tamarind sauce, and garnish of sliced onions.
- At their kitchen in California, they ran time trials, tinkering with everything from the garnish on their pistachio-crusted cod to the shape of their beef filet (in the end, it .
News & Articles
- Cherokee hopes to make inmates pay their own way
The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians could make the inmates housed in its future jail pay — literally. The tribe is considering a plan to garnish casino dividends of tribal members who find themselves spending quality time in Cherokee’s clink to help cover their room and board.
June 19, 2013 - Smoky Mountain News
- Vermont restaurant scene benefits when New York's talented chefs trade city life for the country
Chef Wesley Genovart learned to forage for ingredients when he worked at Mugaritz, a Michelin-starred restaurant in Errenteria, Spain. Outside SoLo, his Vermont restaurant in South Londonderry, he picks wild sedum, a creeping herb he uses as a garnish.
June 19, 2013 - The Burlington Free Press
- Eric Mangini in International Herald Tribune
Brett had his two hard-boiled eggs, a little bit of orange juice,Mangini said with the slightest grin. "There was a garnish, I think, and some hashbrowns. And I can take you through minute-by-minute after that."
- Grant Achatz in FOXNews
We just needed the food to be good and hot,the elder Grant Achatz says. "He wanted to garnish it with orange rinds."
- David E Kelley in Newsday
When you have a character-based series, the audience really wants to be with those characters,Kelley said. "It's not that you can't introduce new ones. In fact, it's a good thing. But you have to introduce them almost as a garnish to the...