garrison : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a fortified military post where troops are stationed
- n United States abolitionist who published an anti-slavery journal (1805-1879)
- n the troops who maintain and guard a fortified place
- v station (troops) in a fort or garrison
- The garrison at Dienbienphu clung at week's end to six fire-whipped strong points by the Nam Yourn River.
- Grand Serail, an Ottoman-era palace that houses Lebanon's government, began its life as a garrison for Turkish soldiers.
- As allied patrols scoured the scorched and battered moonscape around the liberated Marine garrison of Khe Sanh last week, they found North Vietnamese trenches and bunkers, tons of .