garrulity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the quality of being wordy and talkative
- Chung Tun-fu, in a state of garrulity almost unheard of among Chinese politicos of any complexion.
- This year he outdid himself in grouchy garrulity.
- I assumed that Reagan would control the garrulity.
- Thomas McGuane in Edmonton Journal
McGuane described it as a "short yet spacious and powerful book," as contrasted with the "well-larded garrulity of the bulbous American novel of today," and felt the prose recalled the careful writing of JM Coetzee and WG Sebald.