- n a fortified military post where troops are stationed
- n a fortified defensive structure
- v gather in, or as if in, a fort, as for protection or defense
- v enclose by or as if by a fortification
- v station (troops) in a fort
- Oh yes, and this summer, The Fort would have its own movie.
- Barack Obama in BBC News
Mr Obama added: "We cannot fully know what leads a man to do such a thing. But what we do know is that our thoughts are with every single one of the men and women who were injured at Fort Hood."
- Robert Gates in Wall Street Journal
The shootings at Fort Hood raise a number of troubling questions that demand complete but prompt answers,Mr. Gates told reporters. "All that is left for us to do is everything in our power to prevent similar tragedies from occurring in the...
- Andrew Cuomo in Wall Street Journal
For decades, the state pension fund has been weakened and corrupted by the sole trustee model,Mr. Cuomo said in a statement. "To put it simply -- the model doesn't work. It's about as senseless as having a single lock on Fort Knox."