fortress : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a fortified defensive structure
- Holed up in a Texas fortress, David Koresh and his followers fervently believe he is Christ -- and till death do them part.
- For three decades the great Fiat works at Turin, Italy's biggest single industrial establishment (automobiles, aircraft engines, refrigerators) has been a fortress of Communism in.
- Most of the men in the small cement fortress near the Moroccan border were Moslem riflemen in French uniform, professionals and veterans who had fought for France in Europe and .
- Marty Stuart in International Herald Tribune
It was a sanctuary and a fortress for him,Stuart said. "There was a lot of writing that took place there. The 'Folsom Prison' prison record came from there, the 'San Quentin' record, 'The Holy Land,' the 'Man in Black' book came from...
- King Abdullah II in International Herald Tribune
AMMAN, Jordan: Jordan's King Abdullah II said Friday that Israel must choose between the mentality of "Israel the fortress" or "living in peace and security with its neighbors."
- Michael Bloomberg in BusinessWeek
I don't think it will look like a fortress,Bloomberg said. "There's nothing wrong with taking appropriate security actions."