garrote : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an instrument of execution for execution by strangulation
- v strangle with an iron collar
- He carried the youngster to the basement and sexually assaulted her while simultaneously choking her, apparently for the thrill, with a garrote--a favored tool of pedophiles, Smit .
- Today the official engine of execution at Havana is the garrote, a strangling machine.
- This week he was reported in the South, directing the swift drive through the Ukraine to Rumania that would tighten Poland's garrote and break its neck.
News & Articles
- The Act of Killing
The death by garrote of Luca Brasi, acted out by the corpulent Lenny Montana in The Godfather, isn't something you forget fast. The thought that someone made a way of life out of this kind of killing, that he killed a thousand men in this way—is the most stomach-churning part of the documentary The Act of Killing by Joshua Oppenheimer.
Aug. 8, 2013 - Metro Silicon Valley