garret : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n floor consisting of open space at the top of a house just below roof; often used for storage
- He quit the monastery and moved into a garret in Paris.
- On the other hand, garret-dwelling, check-bouncing, alimony-dodging authors will find that a light-bulb has popped on in their minds.
- Ludwig van Beethoven fiddled at five; Johann Sebas tian Bach permitted himself, a small moppet, to be discovered poring over music at night in the garret.
News & Articles
- Iowa tennis players put the "student" back in student-athlete
Hawkeye men’s tennis players Garret Dunn, Andres Estenssoro, Michael Swank, Chase Tomlins, and Joey White were five of Iowa’s 57 student athletes to receive Academic All-Big Ten recognition for the 2013 spring semester.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Iowan
- An eye on the sky
Sentinel photo by BUFFIE BOYER From left, Garret, Waylon and Zak Palm, all of Honey Grove, discovered a weather balloon with a camera attached while riding their four-wheelers through the woods near their home Thursday.
June 14, 2013 - The Lewistown Sentinel
- Wedbush analysts bullish on Pier 1 Imports
Wedbush analysts Joan Storms and John Garret said Thursday that they think sales momentum is strong for Pier 1 Imports Inc. and reiterated an "Outperform" rating on its shares. THE OPINION: The ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Mike Scioscia in SI.com
Garret did not see the ball in the outfield today,Scioscia said. "You can't take a chance like that if you're not seeing the ball as clearly as you need to. Up until now, he had been fine with that."