- n floor consisting of a large unpartitioned space over a factory or warehouse or other commercial space
- n floor consisting of open space at the top of a house just below roof; often used for storage
- n (golf) the backward slant on the head of some golf clubs that is designed to drive the ball high in the air
- n a raised shelter in which pigeons are kept
- v store in a loft
- v propel through the air
The rocket lofted the space shuttle into the air
- v kick or strike high in the air
loft a ball
- v lay out a full-scale working drawing of the lines of a vessel's hull
- Ledger's body was discovered Tuesday by the housekeeper, who entered the bedroom of the fourth-floor loft he was renting in order to alert him that his masseuse had arrived for a .
- Friends, former colleagues, his children and publishers saw the possibility of a new book in the surviving prints and contact sheets that had remained in his loft.
- On the eve of the killing spree the loft becomes a staging arena for a combination of horseplay and unfocused hatred: " 'Kill! Kill! Kill!' The chant was low, murmured, sloshing .
News & Articles
- Downtown bar to close, will be converted into "fast casual" eatery
BLOOMINGTON — The Loft above Station 220 restaurant will close to the public Saturday as remodeling begins for a new-style restaurant downtown.
June 27, 2013 - The Pantagraph
- Zoners stick pin in plan to put apartments in abandoned sewing factory
A million-dollar plan to reclaim a blighted former sewing factory in Bethlehem by turning it into urban loft-style apartments didn't make the cut with officials or neighbors of the property Wednesday night. The Bethlehem Zoning Hearing Board voted 5-0 to reject developer Garrett Benner's request for relief from lot size and parking requirements needed to turn the dilapidated three-story building ...
June 27, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Some Grand Rapids schools summer program sites still have openings
The LOOP/Loft summer program, which kicked off June 17 and runs through July 25, is Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
June 25, 2013 - The Grand Rapids Press
- Tiger Wood in Los Angeles Times
As we all know, loft is your friend,Woods said. "And the reason why you hit a three-wood straighter is obviously because it's got more loft. That helps. My release has changed over the years and I just need a little bit more loft now."
- John Daly in International Herald Tribune
I'm trying new grips, trying to get my posture up, changing the lie and loft, everything I could possibly try, and nothing feels right,said Daly, who spent nearly three hours on the practice green Monday. "It's just a matter of keep...
- Jim Gibbons in MSNBC
By participating in the LOFT partnership with Goodwill, people are making an investment in their communities,said Jim Gibbons, President and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. "Each pant donation at LOFT stores nationwide will...