- n a mixture of seasoned ingredients used to stuff meats and vegetables
- n padding put in mattresses and cushions and upholstered furniture
- v cram into a cavity
- v press or force
- v obstruct
- v overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
- v treat with grease, fill, and prepare for mounting
- v fill tightly with a material
- v fill with a stuffing while cooking
- Some nonprofits have replaced the old model, in which a paid manager had volunteers stuffing envelopes, with a volunteer manager who has paid help to handle mail.
- She will make fleece jackets and recycle the remnant materialeven collecting other companies' leftoversas stuffing for poufs in her home-furnishings line.
- Still, there is something exciting about sitting on a pillow grabbed from a couch and stuffing steamed white roughy and green-mango salsa into a savory shiitake-mushroom doughnut .
News & Articles
- Pig out on zampone
Zampone is high-art charcuterie even among skilled butchers: the Italian craft of deboning and then stuffing pigs’ feet, or “trotters” as they’re often known. Think of it as a sausage stuffed into the skin of the pig, rather than in a casing. You’ll find zampone these days at The Biltmore Bar & Grille in Newton, and occasionally at other spots around Boston.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Police Blotter: Shoplifter fails to make clean getaway with body wash
WEST PALM BEACHTHEFTA customer at a store in the 4200 block of 45th Street was observed stuffing body spray, shampoo, shower gel, body wash and deodorant into a backpack.
June 12, 2013 - The Palm Beach Post
- More leaks in the faulty national security debate - and how to fix them
A little leak can be quickly fixed by stuffing it or wrapping it. Large leaks, however, often require more structural repairs or completely different solutions.
June 11, 2013 - The Gilmer Mirror
- Andrew Strauss in Sportinglife.com
Possibly they felt the wicket was going to do a lot more than it did, so when they realised it wasn't going to do that much that knocked the stuffing out of them a little bit,Strauss added. "Thankfully we took control of the game in that...
- Vladimir Putin in Reuters South Africa
Our partners are stuffing eastern Europe with new weapons,Putin said. "What are we supposed to do? We cannot just observe all this."
- Adrian Peterson in Seattle Post Intelligencer
I didn't see them stuffing the box that much. We knew what kind of defense we were facing,said Peterson. "We knew they would be giving us a couple different looks. It's more about how we execute."