grooming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n activity leading to skilled behavior
- n the activity of getting dressed; putting on clothes
- v educate for a future role or function
He is grooming his son to become his successor
- v give a neat appearance to
- v care for one's external appearance
- Scientists think female macaques may use grooming, too, to try to maintain social relationships within the group to benefit their offspring, or as a way to distract or appease .
- A study published in Animal Behavior found that male long-tailed macaques in Indonesia traded grooming services for sex with females.
- In fashion-forward Japan, male grooming is booming, so much so that Tokyo's popular Isetan department store devotes an entire sales floor to men's cosmetics.
News & Articles
- Wahl Throws Men's Grooming Advertising a Changeup
At a time when the pitchmen for men's grooming products are either supermodels, superheroes or super into themselves, Wahl is opting for super, well, real. For its latest advertising campaign, the world's ...
June 13, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Father’s Day Grooming Gift Ideas
If you’re stumped on a gift for Father’s Day, grooming products can be a good choice.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times
- Grooming salon robbed at gunpoint
A 25-year-old man has admitted to robbing a Dayton grooming salon at gunpoint Saturday afternoon. Brendan L. Johnson was arrested on North Main Street on suspicion of felony aggravated robbery and a misdemeanor charge of obstructing official business. At about 4 p.m. police responded to La Ruby’s Grooming Salon , on the 3200 block of North Main Street, after receiving word of a robbery in ...
June 9, 2013 - WHIO-TV 7 Dayton
- Jonathan Evans in Telegraph.co.uk
In a speech on Monday, Jonathan Evans, head of MI5, said Islamists "were radicalising, indoctrinating and grooming young, vulnerable people to carry out acts of terrorism".
- Vernon Coaker in Times Online
Mr Coaker said: "This is something that will be particularly useful in combating the possible grooming of children on the internet." "We will work with the industry. It will be a matter of partnership between industry and law enforcement to...
- Julia Mancuso in ESPN
Here it's just normal grooming, so it's really tough to get a hard surface underneath,Mancuso said.