- n a man participant in his own marriage ceremony
- n someone employed in a stable to take care of the horses
- n a man who has recently been married
- v educate for a future role or function
He is grooming his son to become his successor
- v give a neat appearance to
groom the dogs
- v care for one's external appearance
He is always well-groomed
- Does the groom substantially help with the housework, cleaning, and cooking? If he does, this may be one of the most important predictors of all.
- In the past, a bachelor party could commonly involve a black-tie dinner hosted by the groom's father, with toasts to the groom and the bride.
- Wedding season in northern India brings an acute shortage of white mares and pachyderms to ferry the groom in style.
- Michael Bloomberg in guardian.co.uk
There are no winners in a trial like this,Bloomberg said in a statement. "An innocent man lost his life, a bride lost her groom, two daughters lost their father, and a mother and a father lost their son. No verdict could ever end the grief...
- Lewis Hamilton in Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
It's a fairytale story that he gave me that opportunity years ago and he had the foresight to bring me in and groom me to get to this position,Hamilton said. "I've grabbed it with both hands and I've paid him back. I've paid him back in...
- Terry Francona in SI.com
The most likely explanation was that the virus escaped from Eastern Creek on the person, clothing or equipment of a groom, veterinarian, farrier or other person who had contact with an infected horse and who then left the quarantine station without... Ian Callinan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Callinan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG1IYm3vIDe_GKaYQSQiy5Dw8RcmQ Melbourne Herald Sun http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23855514-5006021,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE3ELuq94drWVAbFf3zLUP75VL46Q Jun 12, 2008
43916 60197 groomed Lester threw today extensively," Francona said. "He's not being groomed for the bullpen tomorrow."