- n especially fine or decorative clothing
- v provide with clothes or put clothes on
- For 100 years the indigent aged who live in New York City's municipal poor houses on Staten and Welfare Islands, have been issued standard raiment.
- Henry's lack of character has been concealed by layers of that splendid raiment and money.
- Nevertheless, since June 1949, two of his female followers have burned with a desire to equip him with more truly Universal raiment.
News & Articles
- Kit Harington Takes Center Stage in the First Pompeii Still
The very first still from director Paul W.S. Anderson's ( Resident Evil ) upcoming Pompeii is now online and it shows off leading man Kit Harington ("Game of Thrones") in period raiment. Check it out below, courtesy of EW !
Aug. 20, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Mark Twain in Socialist Worker Online
He is said to have bought legislatures and judges as other men buy food and raiment,Twain wrote of Clark. "By his example he has so excused and so sweetened corruption that in Montana it no longer has an offensive smell. His history is...
- the Apostle Paul in Searcy Daily Citizen
With them it was as Paul wrote to Timothy: "And having food and raiment let us be therewith content."