- n an illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book, magazine, or newspaper
it is shown by the drawing in Fig. 7
- n a representation of forms or objects on a surface by means of lines
drawings of abstract forms
he did complicated pen-and-ink drawings like medieval miniatures
- n the creation of artistic pictures or diagrams
he learned drawing from his father
- n players buy (or are given) chances and prizes are distributed by casting lots
- n act of getting or draining something such as electricity or a liquid from a source
the drawing of water from the well
- n the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling
- v cause to move by pulling
- v get or derive
- v make a mark or lines on a surface
- v make, formulate, or derive in the mind
- v bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover
- v represent by making a drawing of, as with a pencil, chalk, etc. on a surface
- v take liquid out of a container or well
- v give a description of
- v select or take in from a given group or region
- v elicit responses, such as objections, criticism, applause, etc.
- v suck in or take (air)
- v move or go steadily or gradually
- v remove (a commodity) from (a supply source)
- v choose at random
- v earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher
- v bring or lead someone to a certain action or condition
- v cause to flow
- v write a legal document or paper
- v engage in drawing
He spent the day drawing in the garden
- v move or pull so as to cover or uncover something
- v allow a draft
- v require a specified depth for floating
- v pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him
- v cause to move in a certain direction by exerting a force upon, either physically or in an abstract sense
- v take in, also metaphorically
- v direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes
- v thread on or as if on a string
- v stretch back a bowstring (on an archer's bow)
The archers were drawing their bows
- v pass over, across, or through
- v finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.
- v contract
- v reduce the diameter of (a wire or metal rod) by pulling it through a die
- v steep; pass through a strainer
- v remove the entrails of
- v flatten, stretch, or mold metal or glass, by rolling or by pulling it through a die or by stretching
- v cause to localize at one point
- But in 1968 he made his first wall drawing at the Paula Cooper gallery in Manhattan, a drawing (which he executed himself) of a kind that not only brought drawing back to its most .
- The wall drawings of Sol LeWitt are art's equivalent of gifts that come with "some assembly required.
- When French-Khmer graphic artist Ing Phousra or Sra, to use his pen name first started drawing comics about life under the Khmer Rouge, he didn't have a lot to go on .
News & Articles
- Perspective drawing class at Saugus Public Library
Architect, author and teacher Stephen Rich will host a perspective drawing class on Wednesday, June 26, at 10:30 a.m. at the Saugus Public Library. The program is free and open to all ages and abilities, but class size is limited.
June 24, 2013 - Saugus Advertiser
- Cohen drawing scholarship offers
Sandy Cohen was drawing attention this past winter, but since his AAU season tipped off it’s reached a new level, and even Cohen has been a little surprised.
June 24, 2013 - FOX 11 Green Bay
- Drawing raises funds to support Open Studios
Another year of North Coast Open Studios has come to a close, but there is still a chance to enjoy some lovely art by Open Studios artists. Three of the participating artists have donated pieces for a benefit drawing to help support the popular
June 23, 2013 - Eureka Times-Standard
- Kevin Rudd in TIME
We should go back to the drawing board to rectify the mistakes.Weah also said it is time for African coaches to be given a chance at international level. Rabah Saadane with Algeria was the only African coach at this year's World Cup. They (African... George Weah http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Weah&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE2L5VoD_dRuzU383tg7SORan0XEg KENS 5 TV http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.kens5.com/sports/97789604.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFMre3GaWevqkk1cs7Hen2oVn_VVw Jul 5, 2010
30268 39038 drawing A range of foreign governments and corporations will be watching this case with interest and be watching it very closely," Rudd said. "And they'll be drawing their own conclusions about how it is conducted."
- Nouri al-Maliki in Reuters UK
The role played by the UK combat forces is drawing to a close. These forces will have completed their tasks in the first half of 2009 and will then leave Iraq,Brown and Maliki said in a joint statement. "But the partnership between the two...