- n a lightweight cord
- n stringed instruments that are played with a bow
the strings played superlatively well
- n a tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, which makes sound when plucked, struck, or bowed
- n a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding
a string of islands
- n a linear sequence of symbols (characters or words or phrases)
- n a tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening
he pulled the drawstring and closed the bag
- n a tough piece of fiber in vegetables, meat, or other food (especially the tough fibers connecting the two halves of a bean pod)
- n (cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop
- n a collection of objects threaded on a single strand
- n a necklace made by a stringing objects together;
a string of beads
- v thread on or as if on a string
string pearls on a string
the child drew glass beads on a string
- v add as if on a string
string these ideas together
string up these songs and you'll have a musical
- v move or come along
- v stretch out or arrange like a string
- v string together; tie or fasten with a string
string the package
- v remove the stringy parts of
- v provide with strings
string my guitar
- That lack of specificity hasn't slowed down the string folks.
- Even as an undergraduate at Argentina's Instituto Balseiro, Maldacena had been intrigued by the idea that a bridge spanning the two might be constructed using string theory-so .
- First served: French Open champ Kuerten recommended Luxilon strings to fellow pros.
News & Articles
- String of car break-ins reported in Danville
Danville police say thieves got away with hundreds of dollars worth of property from the Bluegrass Subdivision in one night after a string of car break-ins.
June 21, 2013 - WYMT Mountain News
- String of suspicious fires leave southeast Houston neighbors on edge
HOUSTON — People in a southeast Houston neighborhood are living in fear after a string of unsolved suspicious fires. “I’m too afraid to leave the house,” said Beulah Allen. “I’m scared, but I can’t do anything about it. I just put a prayer on it.” Allen lives across the street from the most recent fire, which occurred Tuesday night near the intersection of Fairland and Dulcrest. It was the ...
June 20, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- String Cheese Hint at Second Telluride Set
The String Cheese Incident may play a second show in Telluride, CO this weekend. The Colorado-based band are currently slated to play one show at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival on June 21. However, a post by SCI percussionist Jason Hann on the band’s official Facebook page hints, “See u all at both SCI shows in Telluride this weekend!!!”
June 19, 2013 - Jambands.com