describe : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give a description of
- v to give an account or representation of in words
Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental
- v make a mark or lines on a surface
- v identify as in botany or biology, for example
- Family members describe Abeer Qasim Hamza al-Janabi as tall for her age, skinny, but not eye-catchingly beautiful.
- Opposition leader's wife describes his arrest .
- The word naturally carried over to describe these literal comic books.
- Tomas Berdych in Sify
The feeling is absolutely amazing. It is really tough to describe. Every young kid, from the first time he hits the ball and thinks to be a tennis player, this is the dream to be in the final of any Grand Slam,Berdych said.
- Brock Lesnar in msnbc.com
It's been a grueling road. To come back from all that, and to be here and to win, words just cannot describe it. I really feel like I'm in a dream. I knew he was getting tired,Lesnar said.
- Kevin Rudd in Times Online
What do you say about anyone like that? There are no words to describe it other than mass murder,Mr Rudd said, fighting back tears in a television interview. "This is of a level of horror that few of us anticipated."