- n a record or narrative description of past events
he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president
- n a short account of the news
the account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious
- n a formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services
he asked to see the executive who handled his account
- n a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.
I expected a brief account
- n grounds
don't do it on my account
the paper was rejected on account of its length
- n importance or value
a person of considerable account
he predicted that although it is of small account now it will rapidly increase in importance
- n a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance
they send me an accounting every month
- n the act of informing by verbal report
by all accounts they were a happy couple
- n an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
send me an account of what I owe
- n the quality of taking advantage
she turned her writing skills to good account
- v be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something
Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam
- v keep an account of
- v to give an account or representation of in words
- v furnish a justifying analysis or explanation
I can't account for the missing money
- He provided PTI with this account of Cho Seung-Hui's rampage.
- As best I know, this was the first time that any news account mentioned the procedure that other practitioners would later rename "intact dilation and extraction.
- One lawyer for UBS account holders says he has at least one case in which a client used a Swiss bank account to hide assets from creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
News & Articles
- ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE The
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE The Daily Reflector and reflector.com are looking for a dynamic individual to join our advertising sales team. The primary responsibility of this position will be to maintain and grow business in our niche publications, Mixer and Her Magazine.
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Reflector
- Seniors account for about 14 percent of Wisconsin's population
MILWAUKEE — Newly-released figures from the U.S. Census Bureau show Wisconsin's senior population continues to grow. People 65 and older account for 14.4 percent of Wisconsin's population. That's an increase from 13.7 percent recorded in the April 2010 census.
June 13, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- CDN Operational, Account and Content Vertical Analytics 2012 - 2015
NEW YORK, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: CDN Operational, Account and Content Vertical Analytics 2012 - 2015 http://www.reportlinker.com/p01277451/CDN-Operational-Account-and-Content-Vertical-Analytics-2012---2015.html#utm_source=prnewswire&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=Accounting_and_Corporate_Finance ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in The Guardian
All those involved in the attempted act of terrorism on Christmas must know: you too will be held to account,Obama said.
- John McCain in Christian Science Monitor
Yesterday, Senator Ted Stevens was found guilty of corruption,McCain said in a statement. "It is a sign of the health of our democracy that the people continue to hold their representatives to account for improper or illegal conduct, but...