- n a convincing explanation that reveals basic causes
he was unable to give a clear accounting for his actions
- n a system that provides quantitative information about finances
- n the occupation of maintaining and auditing records and preparing financial reports for a business
- n a bookkeeper's chronological list of related debits and credits of a business; forms part of a ledger of accounts
- n a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance
they send me an accounting every month
- v be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something
- v keep an account of
- v to give an account or representation of in words
- v furnish a justifying analysis or explanation
- Long regarded as an exacting and prestigious calling, the accounting profession has smarted in recent years under charges of sloppy or illegal practices that contributed to some .
- Some of the nation's largest accounting firms gave a clean bill of health to Bernie Madoff's funds.
- Of all professions, the staid, gray flannel world of accounting last week erupted in a name-calling civil war.
News & Articles
- Accounting rules mask banks' financial health: investors
Major UK shareholder groups took a fresh swipe at "unreliable" accounting rules which make it harder for them to assess the strengths of the companies they invest in. Their call for an urgent ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Hiring Accounting Clerk
Hiring Accounting Clerk, Patterson Oil Company, family owned business since 1960, Call 816-540-2063 for more information.
June 21, 2013 - Lee's Summit Journal
- Accounting Software helps airlines manage airmail revenue.
Available as part of REVERA® Revenue Accounting Suite, REVERA Airmail helps airlines simplify and streamline airmail revenue accounting process. Automation helps minimize processing errors and maximize productivity, while integrated pricing engine aids in management of complex contract rates with customers. Furthermore, functionality reduces rejections and improve cash flow through invoicing and ...
June 20, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Tom Daschle in International Herald Tribune
Former Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota, said: "I think the FBI owes us a complete accounting of their investigation and ought to be able to tell us at some point, how we're going to bring this to closure."
- Barack Obama in Newsday
In his weekly radio and Internet address yesterday, Obama said he is determined to "get exploding deficits under control" and that his budget request is "sober in its assessments, honest in its accounting, and lays out in detail my strategy...
- Robert Gates in FOXNews
There is a misperception that this department can continue funding our troops in the field for an indefinite period of time through accounting maneuvers, that we can shuffle money around the department. This is a serious misconception,Gates...