- n a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance)
what was your score on your homework?
- n a written form of a musical composition; parts for different instruments appear on separate staves on large pages
he studied the score of the sonata
- n a number that expresses the accomplishment of a team or an individual in a game or contest
the score was 7 to 0
- n a set of twenty members
a score were sent out but only one returned
- n grounds
he tried to blame the victim but his success on that score was doubtful
- n the facts about an actual situation
he didn't know the score
- n an amount due (as at a restaurant or bar)
add it to my score and I'll settle later
- n a slight surface cut (especially a notch that is made to keep a tally)
- n a resentment strong enough to justify retaliation
settling a score
- n the act of scoring in a game or sport
the winning score came with less than a minute left to play
- n a seduction culminating in sexual intercourse
calling his seduction of the girl a `score' was a typical example of male slang
- v gain points in a game
The home team scored many times
- v make small marks into the surface of
score the clay before firing it
- v make underscoring marks
- v write a musical score for
- v induce to have sex
Did you score last night?
- v get a certain number or letter indicating quality or performance
She scored high on the SAT
He scored a 200
- v assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation
score the SAT essays
- The most widely used ranking of individual creditworthiness is the FICO score.
- To score the test, an equation was devised that divided a child's mental ageas determined by the test by his chronological age, thus producing an "intelligence quotient.
- IF EVER I SEE YOU AGAIN Directed by Joe Brooks Screenplay by Joe Brooks and Martin Davidson Usually, a score is written to accompany a movie.
- Bert van Marwijk in The Associated Press
We have been messy. We've had spells with brilliant attacks, yet we forgot to score,Van Marwijk said. "That though, can change within a match."
- David Duval in CBC.ca
The score is kind of the golden egg,he said of Goydos' round. "You have to hit shots, you have to hit putts. Regardless of where it's done or who does it, it's amazing."
- Donovan in ESPN
On his goal Donovan said: "They were pushing a lot to try and score and we had to take some risks. Our guys at the back did a great job. I got the ball, gave it to Jozy and made a run. The ball came to me and time kind of stopped and I couldn't miss...