- n a resentment strong enough to justify retaliation
holding a grudge
- v bear a grudge; harbor ill feelings
- v accept or admit unwillingly
- Libya's outspoken leader is holding more than a grudge against the Swiss.
- Marcel Ermacora, 51, knows how to nurse a grudge.
- A pack of Southern generals, all with bitter personal grudges against Chinese Generalissimo Chiang Kaishek, broke with his Nanking Government last week and declared the .
News & Articles
- Get over it, Mr. Mayor
San Diego Mayor Bob Filner's grudge match against City Attorney Jan Goldsmith is absurd.
June 14, 2013 - U-T San Diego
- 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' rewind: Teresa Giudice on Kim D. hypocrisy
Giudice claims the Gorgas have forgiven Kim D., but still hold a grudge against her
June 11, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- Can Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos Become MMA's greatest Rivalry?
Few fans can resist the lure of watching skilled heavyweights do battle in the Octagon. Perhaps that's why the trilogy between UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez and the company's former champ, Junior dos Santos, could represent the most hyped grudge match in promotional history — particularly if the bout takes place in a stadium in Mexico. Roughly 13.5 months after ending up on the wrong end ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jeremy Roenick in USA Today
He was a little bit of a hothead in 2000. He held a grudge and I think the passage of time has caused him to sort of say, 'You know what? Life is short and I'm going to be focused on doing what I think is right and not hold grudges or be angry... Karl Rove http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Rove&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGtUKSVNBqmFJG8c1ivSfIdRGWkLQ FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Sep17/0,4670,RoveCampaign,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNELb52pPazlAtCBk-SKao2h9RBimA Sep 17, 2008
44107 60399 grudge But Roenick said: The coach just doesn't like him for some ungodly reason. I think he's got a grudge against American players, but he does not like Cheli at all. If you'd know some of the things that Babcock says to Chris Chelios, it would make...
- Dwayne Jarrett in Pasadena Star-News
That was kind of an insult to me,Jarrett said late Saturday night. "They didn't feel I was smart enough to go to their school. I've always had a little grudge against them."